I was watching the food network tonight and someone had made chocolates that looked like a scoop of ice cream. Somehow that reminded me that I needed to send a sweet treat to school tomorrow, and these are what I came up with. They are soft in the middle, and you need to let them harden a little bit on the baking sheet before you move them. I used sprinkles on the top, but they’d be good too with a little melted chocolate or candy melts poured over the top and drizzled down to look like syrup.
Ice Cream Scoop Cookies
- 1 cup margarine, not softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package jello mix (4 serving size)–I used strawberry
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream margarine, sugar and jello mix together. Add egg, vanilla and baking powder and mix until blended. Add flour. The dough will be stiff but if you have a kitchen aid mixer, it will be able to mix it.
- Shape it (see below) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about an inch apart.
- I used a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop my cookie dough. If you have a cookie scoop, that would be even better. Leave some of the edges to make it look more like a scoop of ice cream. Press sprinkles gently onto the tops.
- Bake for 6 minutes. After you remove them from the oven, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, or until you can move them without disturbing the shape of the cookie.