My brother in law has Celiac disease and I made this recipe for his and my sisters wedding cake.
Gluten Free Celiac Safe White Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free baking Mix
- 2 T Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 t Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Egg Replacer
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 t vanilla
- 3/4 plus 1 T 7-Up or Sprite
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour mix, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, egg replacer and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the Crisco and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, before adding the vanilla. Alternately stir in the dry ingredients and pop until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake for 25-30 minutes for round pans, 35-40 minutes for square pan.
- Chocolate: Stir 6 squares (one ounce each) of melted semisweet chocolate into the egg mixture for the large cake; 3 squares for the smaller.