I wanted something different for a chocolate cake I had, so I decided to play around a bit. I had a small amount of ben n Jerry’s Chunky Monkey left, so I let it melt and added that to a basic buttercream recipe and it was actually REALLY tasty!
Ice Cream Buttercream
- 1 lb of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optinal, I usually omit this)
- 1/4 cup of melted ice cream (maybe more depending on consistency)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Allow your ice cream to melt in the fridge. Ice c ream is a great addition to cake too, in replacement of the liquids.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer or with heavy spoon until smooth and creamy; scrape bowl often. If too stiff to spread easily, beat in a more ice cream as needed.
- Great variations are available with all the bazillions of ice cream flavors out there. This is not always going to be the smoothest icing, so on cupcakes, this rocks!!!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment