This is a real tiramisu recipe from my mother (She is italian).
Really easy and fast to prepare.
Makes me going nuts when I read recipes with whipped cream in it, so I am giving you a traditional recipe.
Sorry for my english, but I am french speaking…
Real italian Tiramisu
- Amaretto liquor
- 1 & Â¾ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- Â½ cup sugar (or more if you like it very sweet)
- 1 pack of lady fingers
- Very strong coffee
- Cocoa powder
- Prepare strong coffee, and add it the Amaretto liquor.
- Taste the coffee with a spoon, it has to taste the Amaretto, or else it is useless.
- Mascarpone cheese preparation
- Beat the egg yolks together with sugar at least 2 or 3 minutes.
- Softened the mascarpone with a fork and then add it to your eggs+ sugar preparation and fold in.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until it gets very high and fluffy.
- Add them delicately to the rest of your preparation.
- Dip the lady fingers quickly in the coffee for about 1 or 2 seconds (not too quickly and not too long).
- Lean them in the bottom of your pan and then cover with mascarpone preparation, and repeat until you reach the top.
- Finally sprinkle your tiramisu with the cocoa powder and put it in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- The best is to prepare it the day before.
1 pound each spoon. lol
thank you for the recipe, I always wanted to try it.. maybe americans use whipped cream because not everyone can take uncooked eggs in a recipe...^-^
thank you for you recipie I peruvian and love tiramisu
sounds delish. i gotta try it SOON!
I'm italian..... and agree with you: this is the original Tiramisu! It's fast and really really good!!!!
Thanks for posting this traditional Italian dessert. I'm Italian and living in Italy and I confirm, this is the original recipe but... amaretto is a personal option. The original Tiramisù in Italy is made only using pure espresso coffe.
How many servings is this recipe?
Login To Leave A Comment