This recipe makes a little more than needed to frost an angel food cake. It has tons of strawberry flavor and would also work well as a filling.
Whipped Strawberry Frosting
- 1 10oz package frozen strawberries in juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar
- dash salt
- 1 pkg Knox gelatin
- 1/4 c water
- 1 c whipping cream
- Drain strawberries and reserve the juice.
- Bring the strawberry juice, lemon juice, sugar and salt to a boil. Dissolve the Knox in 1/4 c water. Add the gelatin mixture to the juices. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the whipped cream.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the strawberries and fold in the whipped cream. Refrigerate until set.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment