I posted a picture of my margarita cake in the gallery and have gotten lots of requests for the recipe. So I decided I should submit it here!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- oil according to box directions
- margarita mix
- lime curd
- BC frosting
- lime juice
- tequila (optional)
- Mix cake according to the direction on the box with the following substitions: 4 eggs instead of 3, and use the Marg. mix instead of water.
- I have made the cake with and without tequila. Whichever your customer prefers. When I use tequilla I take out 1-2 tablespoons of the marg. mix and add 1-2 tablespoons of tequilla.
- I bake at 300 degrees for around an hour depending on cake size. ( a 10″ round takes an hour)
- I like to use the lime curd for the filling. But of course you can use whatever you want.
- And for the frosting, I make my usual BC ( 1 stick salted butter, 1 stick unsalted, 1 cup crisco, powder sugar) and add a little bit of the lime curd and use lime juice as the liquid until I get the right consistancy. I also add a touch of green coloring.
- My “salt” decoration is Wilton’s white sprinkles.