So I came across another one of my mothers recipes found stuffed in a book while cleaning out my attic. This has got to be the most unusual combo I have ever come across, I think. I Bet this could be a hit with the grab and go breakfast crowd, great with a cup of hot coffee…
Breakfast Bacon Cookies
- Â·1/2 pound cooked crisp apple or maple flavored bacon
- Â·1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Â·3/4 cup brown sugar
- Â·1 egg
- Â·1 cup of whole wheat flour
- Â·1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Â·2 cups of multi-grain flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon until very crisp, drain well and break into 1/2 inch pieces. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingrediants. Add into butter mixture. Add in bacon and flakes. Combine well.
- Drop by scoops (2 tbsps) onto ungreased cookie sheet. Make sure these are spread apart about 1 to 2 inches. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool on sheet for a minute and then remove to rack.
- I bet these would be fabulous with a nice maple sausage patty inbetween 2 of them. Puts the McGriddles to shame…lol
Nope…not gonna even attempt
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment