I have used so many wonderful recipes from this sight, and I would like to share one that I think is fabulous. It is very moist and drops right out of the pan every time. I made the recipe just for cake balls the other day and the binder I used was melted peanut butter. To die for!!!!!
Dark Chocolate Banana Nut Cake
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour + 2 extra Tbs.
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup Herseys Dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (1-1/2 cup) mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- Generously butter the sides and bottom of 2 6″ round cake pans. In smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and the cocoa powder. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla at low speed. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream. By hand, fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Divide equally between the two pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes and remove from pan.
- If the cakes dome up for me, I gently press them down with a pot holder when they come out of the oven. Enjoy!!!
No Calories!!!! Very Good for you, I am sure.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment