Italian Cream Cake
- 1/2c shortening 5 eggs, separated
- 1 stick oleo 1tsp vanilla
- 2c sugar 1can angel flake coconut
- 1c all purpose flour 1c chopped pecans
- 1tsp baking soda 1c buttermilk
- 1 box confectioner’s sugar
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 stick oleo
- 1tsp vanilla
- *I double this to do the layers and the boarder.
- Cream butter & shortening. Add sugar. Add egg yolks. Mix together the flour and soda. Add the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into the batter along w/ vanilla, coconut & pecans. Grease and flour 3 round cake pans. Pour batter into pans. Bake @ 350′F for 25 minutes. Let cool then decorate with icing.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment