This is a yummy recipe to celebrate St. Pat’s Day or any time with a ‘bumped up’ cake. Great served with coffee for breakfast or an evening boost.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Bundt Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1 (18-1/2 oz) package yellow cake mix
1 (3-1/2 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
Glaze: (see NOTE for alternate glaze recipe, if desired)
- 1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. (165 degrees C)
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over the bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Mix in eggs, 1/4 c. water, 1/2 c. oil and 3/4 c. Irish Cream liqueur.
- Beat for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Pour batter over nuts in pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto the serving dish.
- Prick top and sides of cake with a skewer.
- Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake.
- Allow to absorb glaze, repeat until all glaze is used up.
- To make glaze: In a saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 c. water and 1 c. sugar
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 c. Irish Cream.
- NOTE: Alternate glaze: Can also make a glaze using 16 oz. confectioners sugar, 1 tablespoon butter at room temp and 3 tablespoons Baileys. Mix all together and drizzle over warm cake.