This is a recipe i got from a family member and i just love it with a chocolate fudge frosting or with cream cheese frosting.
hope you enjoy.
Moist Banana Cake
- 1 1/2 cups ripe mashed bananas( 3 medium )
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or margerine( softened )
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts(if desired )
- heat oven to 350. grease pan(s) and lightly flour.
- beat all ingredients (except nuts) in large bowl until just moistened. scrape bowl and beat on high speed for 3 minutes(scraping bowl occasionally)stir in nuts.
- pour into pan(s) and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool on rack in pan for 10 minutes and then cool completely
- ( about an hour ) then frost with either cream cheese frosting or chocolate fudge frosting.
life is too short to be counting calories. enjoy
I love that we can no comment on recipes! I made this for home......the only thing I did different from the recipe is that I added about 1 cup of chocolate chips tossed in flour. This is a very delicious, moist cake. Try it, you won't be disappointed. Thanks jaicha for posting it here for all of us to enjoy!
I meant to say....I love that we can NOW comment on recipes.....geez I should learn to proofread before hitting submit. LOL!
Fantastic banana recipe...my family and friends LOVED this cake filled with Bavarian Cream and frosted with buttercream. Thanks for sharing.
Just made these as cupcakes with coconut and choc chips in it :) Yumm!!!! I also sub in applesauce instead of butter....they are delish!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Okay, to date I still haven't found a banana recipe that my hubby approves of! It's sooo frustrating! He is just sooo picky! I will give this one a go, hopefully he passes it so I can stop searching :-)
If I ommit the nuts, would that affect anything? My hubby is not a fan. Anyway, I am excited to try this recipe!!!!!!
Login To Leave A Comment