since I go to trade shows I get big production recipes for things. I bought a small kitchen calculator that converts these humungo recipes into smaller, more managable quantities.
I haven’t tried this, so I don’t know how it will react.
But, I’m going to post the production recipe and the smaller “tester” recipe.
Hope that it’s useful for someone out there. If you work with this let me know how you like it.
taste Great and works beutiful for icing and stenciling. Holds shape well
( at least thats what the recipe states!)
Production Sugar cookie recipe
- 9 pounds granulated sugar
- 6 pounds butter or bakers margarine
- 6 pounds all purpose shortening ( Crisco is good I guess)
3 ounces salt
- 3 ounces baking soda
- 6 ounces baking powder
Add and mix in :
3 pounds of whole eggs
- Butter and Vanilla flavorings to taste
Add and mix in:
19 pounds of Pastry Flour
- Bake light for added shelf life.
- (here are the tester quantities for a smaller version:
- 1 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 1 pound all purpose shortening
- 1/2 ounce salt
- 1/2 ounce baking soda
- 1 ounce baking powder
- 8 ounces whole eggs
- 3 1/8 pound of pastry flour.
- Good luck!