I have given this recipe out many times so I thought that I would put it on here for easy reference. I use this recipe all the time, it bakes up nice and firm but is still moist and fluffy. It is perfect for 2- 8″cakes and 1- 10″ cake.
Firm Chocolate Cake
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix (I use whatever kind of choc. cake I have on hand)
- 1 (4 serving size) instant choc pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 semi-sweet choc chips (I never add the choc chips unless it is requested)
- In large bowl combine all ingredients except choc chips (if using them). Beat 4 min. Fold in chips. (I just beat by hand for 2 min. until I feel that it is well incorporated). Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- The batter is very thick but I think that, that is why it holds together so well. And, I would bake it for the recommended time on the package and then do the toothepick test to see if it is done. Then I usually add 5 min or so each time before I check it again. It usually needs more time to bake then a regular cake mix would need all by itself. Hope you enjoy it!