I’ve received so many requests for this recipe that I decided to post it in here for everyone to enjoy. This cake is ultra-moist and has a delicate champagne flavor.
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix (I’ve used white too)
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 2 envelopes whipped cream topping mix(Dream Whip)
- 1-1/4 C. pink champagne, flat (you can pour just opened champagne in a pitcher, stir, let bubbles rise and dissipate, repeat until flat, only takes a couple of minutes)
- 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg
- small amount of pink food coloring (faint pink looks more delicate than a darker phony pink)
- Beat all ingredients together in a mixer for 3 minutes. Batter will be a blush color. Pour into greased, floured pans; Bake at 350 until it tests done. For icing I use vanilla extract and replace usual liquid with flat champagne. If using pink champagne icing will tinge slightly pink…you can use white champagne for this recipe as well.
- IMPORTANT NOTE AND RECOMMENDATION: I also fill this cake with this icing because any other flavors like strawberry etc. will delete the delicate champagne cake flavor completely.