Wonderful citrus moist cake great for the spring and or summer.
Easy Orange Cake
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 3oz package of orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 recipe orange glaze *recipe follows*
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Grease and flour 10 in tube pan
- In a large bowl combine cake mix geletin, oil zest, juice and eggs beating on low speed with an electric mixer to combine. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan for 15 minute
- use a knife or a skewer punch holes in cake. Pour warm Orange Glaze over cake. When glaze has soaked in and cake has cooled completely, remove cake from pan.
- Orange Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon grated orange zest
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients and warm over low heat Pour over cake as noted above.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment