This is a wonderful citrus cake very moist and loaded with flavor
Orange- Marmalade Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/3 cups chopped pecans toasted
- 1 recipe Orange Cram cheese Frosting Recipe follows
- Garnish: Fresh Orange sections
- Preheat oven to 350 degreese. Grease and flour 3 8 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil eggs, and orange extract. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a Medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in Marmalade and pecans. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes . Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Orange Cream Cheese Frosting in between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with fresh orange section if desired.
- Orange Cream cheese Frosting
- 1 8oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 tsp fresh orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 6 cups confectioners sugar.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheeseand butter at medium speed until creamy. Add orange zest and juice, beating until combined. Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until smooth.