This recipe is really delicious and very popular especially for weddings. I usually use it with yellow cake.
Lemon curd buttercream
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup crisco shortening (no trans fat type) or I also use Earthâs Balance shortening (great taste)
- 2 lb bag of 10x ( confectioners sugar)
- 1 jar of Lemon curd (Dickensons)
- Mix butter and shortening until fluffy. All sugar and whip well. Add the lemon curd and mix until completely combined. And ENJOY!
- Of course you can make your own lemon curd but I donât have the time for that.
Where do you buy lemon curd? Is it in the grocery store and if so which section should I look? Thanks
You can find the lemon curd on the same aisle as jams/jellies.
I make this all the time and everyone just raves about it! Thanks for the recipe!
Does this buttercream need to be refrigerated because of the lemon curd? I'm looking for a lemon filling recipe that doesn't need to be refrigerated.
Does anyone know how much this makes? It sounds delicious and want to try it out this week.
What is the size of the lemon curd jar?
Same ? as Jeany...what size jar? Lemon curd comes in all different sizes depending on brand or making homemade. Thanks!
Login To Leave A Comment