This is a wonderful icing that goes well on a chocolate or praline cake.
- 1 1/2 cups butter divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping crem divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 7 cups confectioners sugar
- I a medium saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Add sugar and corn syrup, cook, stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture turns a deep caramel color. Gradually add 1/2 cup cream, and cook stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. remove from heat stir in pecans and let cool.
- In a large bowl beat remaining 1 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pecan mixture beating untiol combined add remaining 2 tablepoons cream beating until combined. Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until m ixture reaches a spreadable consistency.