This formula is great for your shaped sugar cookies for christmas, Valentines, or any other holiday. They keep there shape and they taste great.
Basic rolled vanilla cookies that can be decorate and/or iced.
Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Sift Togeter:
- 2 3/4 cups sifted All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
In a sperate bowl Put:
- 3/4 cups soft butter in a large bowl of electric mixer
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or a combination of vanilla and almond extract
- Beat with mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in flour mixtrue blending after each addition, after last addition beat until smooth. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll a small amount of dough at a time on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Keep remaining dough in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut in desiered shapes with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated over 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until pale brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. (with colored sugar or sugar frosting.)
- Makes 4 dozen 3 inch cookies.