I often get requests for this and have been asked by a few members for the recipe so here goes. It’s very easy to do and everyone seems to love this candy. You have to work fast so good idea to have everything messured and ready to go.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cups white corn syrup (karo)
2 cups nuts (your choice salted, unsalted, peanuts cashews, almonds)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (do not use margarine)
1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Measure first 3 ingredients into heavy 3 quart pot. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves and it starts to boil. Boil without stirring until it reaches soft ball stage on candy thermometer.
- Add peanuts and butter, Stir frequently until it reaches hard-crack stage. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and baking soda. Work quickly and stir into mixture. Immediately pour onto a well greased cookie sheet. Let cool at room temperature or in fridge. Once cool simply break into pieces.
Great nutrition for the soul lol
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment