A wonderful whit cake that is easy and moist.
Never fail White cake
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Beat egg whites in bowl until foamy, using an electric mixer at high speed. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar into another bowl. Add shortening and 1/2 cup of the milk beat 2 minutes, using and electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add remaing mild and vailla and beat 2 minutes more. fold in egg white mixture.
- Pour batter into greased and waxed paper lined pans.
- Bake at 350 degree oven until cake tester comes out clean.
- cool in pan on wire rack and turn out
What size cake does this make?
Login To Leave A Comment