Wonderful strawberry filling
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoon butter
- dash of salt
- In a heave bottomed saucepan combine all of the above ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and boiling. Remove from heat and let cool before using.
- If you use fresh strawberries double the amout of sugar
Would this work as a filling for a fondant covered cake?? Do you have to refrigerate it? I am planning to make the cake a day in advance and don't want it to spoil... Thanks!
This filling ended up far too thick. Perhaps the author meant teaspoons instead of tablespoons on the corn starch. The flavor is nice. But I don't see how I am going to spread this out to an even layer.
Login To Leave A Comment