This is absolutely wonderful, creamy and rich. It makes a very thick caramel after it cools. I’ve used it to frost cupcakes, as a cake filling and to dip apples! Delicious!
Thick Caramel Sauce or Filling
- 1 cup butter (do not substitute)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring. Carefully stir in whipping cream. Attach a candy thermometer to your pan. Continue to stir until the caramel reaches 238 degrees, or the soft ball stage. Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt.
I don’t even want to think about it!