Ok…I am SOOO sorry, but I intermixed two different recipes when I posted the first version of this fudge. That teaches me to do things from memory…THIS is the famous recipe from my grandmother…I even called my aunt to verify and she says “yep, thats it…people traveled for miles to have Albina’s fudge…” Hopefully this will work for all and you enjoy it as much as we did
The REAL Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 12 oz pkg hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree not the easy canned version)
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or almond
- Line a 9×9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugars over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add kisses and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted**. Pour into prepared pan. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once you pour into pan, for a cool effect, melt 1 C of white chocolate chips and swirl into mix. Can also toss in 1/2 cup of walnut or pecan pieces.
Nope, not even going to guess on this one…
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment