I needed to do a key lime wedding cake. The bride wasn’t thrilled with some of the recipes I found online. With some trial and error, this is what I came up with. Everyone loved it. As requested, I did this cake with raspberry filling, and it turned out great
Great key lime cake
- *1 yellow cake mix
- *1 sm. lemon pudding
- *1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- *1/2 cup water
- *1/2 cup vegetable oil
- *1/2 cup key lime juice (I have used fresh juice and bottled juice. Both worked well)
- *1/2 cup milk
- *3 eggs
- *zest of 2 key limes
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients seperately.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix on low-med speed until smooth.
- Add lime zest.
- If making a deep cake, cooking time will be longer since it is a fairly dense cake. Also a heating core helps when cooking a deep cake.
- This recipe is great with key lime cream cheese frosting. Just add a couple Tbsp. key lime juice and some zest to your favorite cream cheese recipe.