I needed to do a key lime wedding cake. The bride wasn’t thrilled with some of the recipes I found online. With some trial and error, this is what I came up with. Everyone loved it. As requested, I did this cake with raspberry filling, and it turned out great
Great key lime cake
- *1 yellow cake mix
- *1 sm. lemon pudding
- *1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- *1/2 cup water
- *1/2 cup vegetable oil
- *1/2 cup key lime juice (I have used fresh juice and bottled juice. Both worked well)
- *1/2 cup milk
- *3 eggs
- *zest of 2 key limes
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients seperately.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix on low-med speed until smooth.
- Add lime zest.
- If making a deep cake, cooking time will be longer since it is a fairly dense cake. Also a heating core helps when cooking a deep cake.
- This recipe is great with key lime cream cheese frosting. Just add a couple Tbsp. key lime juice and some zest to your favorite cream cheese recipe.
This sounds great! What size cake pans does this fill?
when you say small lemon pudding could you be more specific?
Login To Leave A Comment