This is a famous recipe in my Fathers hometown. He was born and raised in a little fishing village in Mass. My Grandma made this all of the time using hunks of chocolate and fresh baked pumpkin she’d get at specialty shops, but I found an easier way to do this…Hershey’s kisses and canned pumpkin! Ive added a few “extra’s” to call it my own.
Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- 3/4 C Butter (salted gives a better flavor overall to the candy)
- 1 14 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Tbsp of 1/2 & 1/2
- 2 12 oz. bags of Hersheys Kisses (unwrapped, of course…lol)
- 1/2 – 1 bag White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 – 1 bag Heath Pieces
- 3/4 C canned Pumpkin (NOT the easy pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 7 oz Jar of Marshmallow Creme
- Melt butter in large dutch oven over medium heat and stir in condensed milk and 1/2 & 1/2. Stir constantly until smooth. Add Kisses, white chocolate, heath pieces and stir until smooth and you notice it loosing some of its gloss. Remove from heat. Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Add Marshmallow Creme.
- Poor into greased 9 x 13 pan. Chill.
- When set, cut into small squares. Enjoy!!