I learned how to make this cake from my mom, it is super easy and I have never served it to anyone who did’nt love it. I serve it every year at thanksgiving and Christmas and it makes a great gift with a bow and the recipe attached to it. Hope you like it! Oh and you can modify it by using any pie filling you want, instead of the pumpkin, I’ve used cherry and blueberry both very good!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Can Pumpkin
- 1 Can Evap. Milk
- 3/4 Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 TSP. Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP. Ginger
- 1/2 TSP. Cloves
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 sticks chilled butter (or margarine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9X13 pan or two 8X8 pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin with eggs in large bowl, add sugar and spices and mix. Gradually mix in milk. The mixture will be very soupy (more than a regular pumpkin pie). Pour the mixture into the greased pan. Next sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pie mixture. Then sprinkle the nuts. Slice the butter, long ways into 8 slices (4 per stick) and place on top of the nuts. Bake for 50-55 mins until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Its best when you let it rest for at least three hours before cutting and serving. I like it with fresh whipped cream and a cup of coffee.
I honestly don’t know its nutrional value, but I do know its very good and I’ve been known to each a whole one all by myself.
This was really good. Everyone loved it. I did have a question, the form of the cake did not hold. I didn't really care but in case I wanted to serve to a larger audience I would like to be able to serve squares any suggestions?
This cake was fabulous I made it in 2 - 8" round pans served it to my guests in wedges and they loved it too .My husband asked me to make it for Thanksgiving instead of Pumpkin pie .I am attending a Halloween party this month and will be taking it with me. I give this cake a 10. Thanks for sharing the recipe
Login To Leave A Comment