Here is an original pound cake recipe, given to me by my husbands grandmother. Who by the way is the only woman who can make this cake take WONDERFUL. LOL no matter how many times I try.. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great when I make it.. But nobody does it better than grandma!
Grandma’s Old Fashion Pound Cake
- 3 sticks of butter (at room temp)
- 8 oz pkg. of cream cheese (at room temp)
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of your choice of vanilla or lemon extract
- Pam spray
- Bundt Pan
- (NOTE: DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN & DO NOT FLOUR BUNDT PAN)
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and flour well. Set aside.
- In the mixer bowl combine butter and cream cheese, mix until light and creamy. Start to alternate flour mixture and eggs.
- Making sure every single is egg is incorporated well before adding the next. Once all the flour mixture and eggs are mixed in. Add your extract.
- Make sure you spray your bundt pan well with Pam spray, right before adding cake mixture.
- Place your pan in the center of a cold oven and set your oven at 325. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Glaze not needed!