this is a traditional Norwegian whipped cream cake.
it is a fatless sponge cake filled with whipped cream and strawberry jam, covered with mazipan.
Nowergian cream cake
- 180g sugar
- 120g flour
- 30g potatoe flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- for filling
- 1 litre whipped cream
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- for decoration
- 700g mazipan
- For cake
- beat eggs+ sugar until frothy,
- add dry ingredients,
- Bake at 175oc for 35 mins
- allow to cool on a rack
- when cold,slice into three layers
- fill the first layer with jam and the 1/3 of the whipped cream,
- fill second layer withwhipped cream.
- Covered the cake with the remaining cream and then with mazipan, decorate to taste.
calorie bomber,so watch out but eat with enjoyment.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment