Makes 24 servings
Two 9 inch non-stick springform pans or eight small ones.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 pounds Cadbury 43% dark chocolate candy bar chopped (about 7 100g bars)
- 32 ounces Philly cream cheese room temp (about 4 pkgs)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 larges eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant espresso (powder reconstituted)
- 4 teaspoons Watkins vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cupss oreo cookie crumbs about a box
- 10 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare bain-marie and pan. Wrap springform pans with foil to help prevent leaking. Melt butter, mix in cookie crumbs and press into the pans. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or in double boiler. Stir until smooth, let cool while you prepare the rest. Cream cream cheese in mixer set on low speed for about 6 minutes. Blend in sugar gradually. Beat each egg in singly. Add salt to the hot espresso. Add espresso, vanilla and chocolate slowly, one at a time.
- Pour into pans, place in bain-marie and bake for about an hour or until firm but not cracking. Try to check by looking through the door and not opening it if you can. Shut oven off, leave cakes in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Chill well, decorate with stabilized whipped cream and chocolate covered coffee beans and milk chocolate shavings. (also cadbury brand chocolate bars)
- As an alternative, measure around cheesecake with adding machine roll, lay out acetate or parchment paper a bit longer and a bit taller than the height of the cakes. Melt white and milk chocolate candy melts or chocolate and drop puddles randomly on the paper within the area you want to cover. Let harden and spread dark chocolate over all smoothing out. Let harden slightly then wrap around cake placing where you want it. Chill the whole thing before you peel off the parchment. Stripes are also striking looking.
- Actually, if you do all of the above there are more than 3 kinds of chocolate.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment