I usually make this in the fall & winter, and have kept it fresh & moist, left in the bundt pan, wrapped in Saran wrap, then foil, and stored in a lg. covered tin can for as long as 2 week’s, while tent camping in Sturgis, S.D., and all who ate it commented how fresh baked it tasted, and delicious.
Spiced Rum Cake
- Betty Crocker Spice Cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tspn. ea. of: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 pkg. Dream Whip
- 1 pkg. Jello Cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup Spiced Rum/more or less
- Prepare cake mix per box direction’s, add spice’s, Dream Whip & pudding mix. Bake in greased, floured bundt pan, 325 oven, 1 1/2 hour’s or til wooden thin dowel come’s out clean when tested. Leave in bundt pan, poke many hole’s with wooden thin dowel. I use a chopstick.
- In small saucepan, heat 1/3 cup water, 1/8 cup light Karo syrup, 1/8 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 stick butter, to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce to simmer, stir in several shake’s ea. of spice’s. Stir til well blended, remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup Spiced Rum. Pour slowly, evenly, over poked hole’s in cake, and allow to run down side’s. Cover cake in bundt pan with Saran wrap, let set and absorb rum glaze for 24 hour’s, or longer. Turn cake out, slice & serve.
- **note; I’ve never really “measured” the ingredient’s, just kinda’ throw ‘em in, don’t like to use “actual” measure, more like “eyeball” it.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment