I was given this recipe by a friend who swears by it and she is so right! It gives a lovely moist fruitcake and is very easy to make. Enjoy!
Fantastically moist fruit cake
- 175g butter chopped
- 200g dark muscovado sugar
- 750g mixed dried fruit
- grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100ml brandy
- 85g blanched almonds – optional
- 3 large eggs – beaten
- 200g plain flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- Put butter, sugar, fruit, zests, juice and brandy in a large pan and bring slowly to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 mins. Heat oven to 150/gas 2/fan 130 and line tin. Stir eggs and nuts if using into the fruit mix pan. Stir in flour, baking powder and spices until no trace of the flour. Pour into pan and smooth down level.
- Bake for 45 mins then turn down the heat to 140/gas 1/fan 120 and cook for further 1 – 1hr 15 (1hr 45 mins if gas)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin.
what size cake pan do u use?
^ yes what size pan do you use?
Hi please can you tell the size of the cake tin to use. Thank you
Please could you tell me the cake tin size to use thank you
I use an 8 " round loose bottom this is the second time i make it I put some cherrys in it
i have a 142 heart shape tin to do would i just double the ingredients?
Login To Leave A Comment