I wanted s rich decadent cake like the kind you pay $7.00 to $10.00 a serving for in better restaurants.
I started playing with the “Easy Boston Cream Pie” recipe and this is what I came up with.
DECADENT BOSTON CREAM PIE (CAKE)
- CAKE: 1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 – cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ box (4 servings) Jell-o instant white chocolate pudding
FILLING: 2 Boxes (4 servings each) Jell-o instant white chocolate pudding
- 2 & 3/4 Cups heavy cream
TOPPING: 5 Ounces good quality dark chocolate
- 4 Ounces good quality milk chocolate
- 6 Ounces heavy cream
- CAKE: Add all wet ingredients to mixing bowl
- Add cake mix and pudding mix
- Mix on low until all dry parts are wet.
- Scrape bowl
- Mix on medium high for two minutes.
- Grease and flour pans
- Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Bake in 2 8 round cake pans 30-40 min.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- FILLING: Mix cream and pudding mixes until thickened and well blended
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to fill cake layers.
- TOPPING: Break up chocolate into small pieces in a bowl
- Microwave cream on high until hot but not boiling
- Pour over chocolate and let sit for two minutes
- Stir cream and chocolate until well blended and all chocolate is melted
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- ASSEMBLE: When cakes are completely cooled, level (if necessary)
- And tort each layer.
- Place one layer on serving plate, spread filling on top only
- place second layer on top, spread filling on top only,
- place third layer and spread filling on top only,
- place last layer on top.
- Pour topping on the center top of cake, with an off set spatula spread topping to top edges of cake and let it drip down sides of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I also put white chocolate dipped raspberries on the center top of the cake.
You don’t want to know. I suggest only having this cake once a year!