This is a sumptuous cake!
Carrot Cake I
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Beat together the eggs, oil, and white sugar. Blend mixture for thirty seconds.
2 Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the carrots and raisins. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, and mix well.
3 Pour batter into well greased 10 inch tube or bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool cake on wire rack, and then refrigerate until completely cooled.
4 To make Cream Cheese Glaze: Blend together confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, corn syrup, and vanilla. Spead over cooled cake.