I was looking everywhere for an Oreo filling and only found one which would need to be refridgerated since it had heavy whipping cream. The cake was for a beach party and I needed something that could stay out. This is sweet, but oohh so yummy!
- Two 7 oz jars of marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup shortening (non butter flavor)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons VERY HOT water (this helps to make the fluff easier to spread)
- pinch to 1/4 teaspoon salt (not too much or it will taste salty not sweet – just enough to take some of the sweetness out, though.)
- 15-20 Oreo cookies crushed into small & medium pieces
- Combine marshmallow fluff, shortening, podered sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high until fluffy. In a seperate bowlCombine the salt with the hot water in a small bowl and stir until dissoved. Add to the fluff mixture mix on high for 30 seconds or so until combined. Fold in cookie pieces.
- Enjoy licking the bowl.