About This Recipe:
I'm sure this site doesn't need yet another buttercream recipe, but am sharing this because I absolutely love it! This frosting is very smooth, with no air bubbles, and easy to work with.
- 2 cups - high ratio shortening
- 1 cup - salted butter (room temperature)
- 10 tbsp - water (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp - vanilla extract
- 3 lbs - powdered sugar
- Cream shortening and butter together on low until combined and fluffy. Add water and vanilla, 1 tbsp at a time, until everything is well combined.
- Stop mixer and add 1/2 of the powdered sugar. Cover mixer with a cloth and mix on low until most of the sugar is combined. Stop mixer again, and add the remaining sugar. Cover again with a cloth and mix on low for 2 - 3 minutes.
For chocolate frosting, replace half the water with coffee. Add 200g of melted, cooled chocolate to the butter/shortening/water mixture. Reduce the vanilla to 2 tsp.
For fruit-flavored frosting, add 1/2 cup of fruit preserves or jam to butter/shortening/water mixture. Omit vanilla.
For cream cheese frosting, reduce shortening to 1.5 cups and butter to 1/2 cup. Cream 1 cup of room temperature cream cheese with the butter and shortening. Continue as normal.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment