This is the BEST buttercream recipe I have ever used! It is easy to tweek with different flavorings or even chocolate powder in place of some sugar.
Best Ever Buttercream
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup unsalted Butter
- 8 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (clear)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- In mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional 2 ounces whipping cream if necessary. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.