Posted by JennaB
For those who don't like fondant, here is a recipe for Rolled Buttercream that can be used to cover a cake or on cookies. Upside: Most of the work can be done in your Kitchen Aide!
Rolled Buttercream (Fondant Alternative)
- 1 C Shortening 1 C Light Corn Syrup 1 tsp. Clear Vanilla 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/4 tsp. Lemon Oil 1/4 tsp. Orange Oil 8 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
- Place Shortening into a large mixer bowl and cream on medium speed until smooth.
- While mixer is running, add Corn Syrup, Vanilla, Salt, Lemon and Orange Oil and mix until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add about 2/3 of the powdered sugar until soft dough is formed.
- Turn mixture out onto surface dusted with powdered sugar.
- Knead in the reamining 1/3 of the sugar. Continue kneading until buttercream is smooth.
- If it is sticky add more icing sugar, a little at a time. chill for a few hour. Before use, bring rolled buttercream to room temp.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment