Puff pastry with a custard cream filling. Garnish with melted chocolate or a dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 1.-For the custard: In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 5 tablespoons flour and a pinch of salt. Stir in milk, a little at a time, until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 60 seconds, then pour a small amount of hot liquid into the 2 eggs yolks, and stir. Then return now heated egg yolks to saucepan and stir, over heat. until mixture stars to bubble again. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- 2.-Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 3.-For the pastry: In a medium saucepan, combine shortening and water and bring to a boil. Sift together 1 cup flour and a pinch of salt and pour all at once into boiling mixture. Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat, and add eggs, one at the time, stirring vigorously after each addition. Drop br spoonfuls onto baking sheet, or pipe into desired shape.
- 4.-Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake 25 minutes more, or until golden. Cool completely, split, fill with custard, and replace tops.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment