Posted by Anonymous
If you like Dr. Pepper®, than this is the best chocolate cake for you!
Dr. Pepper® Cake & Frosting II
- Dr. Pepper Cake 1/2 cup Crisco® 1/2 cup butter or margarine 3 tablespoons cocoa 1 cup Dr. Pepper® 2 cups granulated sugar 2 cups flour 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows 2 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup buttermilk 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Frosting 6 tablespoons Dr. Pepper® 3 tablespoons cocoa 1 cup nuts, chopped 1/2 cup butter or margarine 1 pound confectioners? sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Put the Crisco®, butter or margarine, cocoa and Dr. Pepper® in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flour and marshmallows; pour the Dr. Pepper® mixture in and beat at high speed until marshmallows melt.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the eggs, buttermilk and baking soda; add to batter. Pour into 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- 4. Bring Dr. Pepper®, butter or margarine and cocoa to boil and pour over confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Add nuts and vanilla extract. Frost cake.