This was a recipe that I finally came up with (after much help here on CC!) for a groom’s cake. It turns out wonderfully light and moist, with just the right flavor!
Maria’s Butter Pecan Wedding Cake
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup margarine (or butter)
1 box Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix
- 1 small box French Vanilla pudding mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1. Sautee over medium heat chopped pecans in 1/4 up margarine or butter for about 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning! Set aside.
- 2. Mix together all wet ingredients: egg whites, oil, water, sour cream, vanilla; until thoroughly combined.
- 3. Slowly add dry pudding mix and dry cake mix. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add in 1 cup of sauteed pecans and mix slightly by hand.
- 5. Pour batter into greased and floured pans. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Toothpick comes out clean when done!
- 6. Frost with your favorite buttercream!
I don’t think I want to know…