A yummy bluberry season recipe. Very moist & fruity!! I use a creamy mousse icing to go with it. Something light so It doesn’t take from the rich flavor of the cake!
- 1 box of moist white cake mix
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 pkg. Vanilla instant pudding (4 serv.)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup blueberry purree
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 cup whole blueberries
- Preheat Oven to 350
- -Mix cake mix, flour, & pudding mix set aside.
- -In Mixing bowl put eggs, Sour Cream, blueberry puree, butter, heavy cream, vanilla & cream.
- -Add dry ingredients and mix until uniform on low speed
- -Pour into 2- 8 or 9 inch greased & floured cake pans. (bake even strips a plus)
- -Just before baking add 1/2 cup of whole bluberries divided into each pan distributing evenly, shuffle untill bluberries sink, then add remaining 1/2 cup bluberries & repeat.
- -Bake at 350 for about 35 min or untill toothpick comes out clean.
My client really wants a blueberry wedding cake....I am going to give your recipe a try!
Oh my goodness... oh my goodness! WONDERFUL!
I just made this cake for a large group of people for the 4th of July, and it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it!! I made a 9X13 filled with Easy Bavarian Cream (recipe posted by bake-aholic) filling. I'm sure this will become one of my go-to recipes! :)
This was sooooo yummy! I made cupcakes out of it and they turned out so soft and moist. Everyone raved about them. I also made a small round cake out of my left over batter and that was even better! I will definately be keeping and re-using this recipe!
I have a couple of questions: do you use puree fresh blueberries for the blueberry puree, or is this something you buy? Also, would you please tell me what filling recipe you use? This sounds good!
Please share how you did the blueberry puree. Are you buying pie filling or making your own? If you make your own is it just blueberries or are you adding sugar and lemon? Are you just placing in a blender/food processor or heating til berries burst? Thanks!
I made two cakes with this recipe - one with a lemon curd filling and cream cheese icing and the other with cream cheese fillin and icing. In both cases, everyone LOVED the cake! For my second event, I served two other flavors of cake. The blueberry went much faster than the others... which really surprised me. I'll definitely use this recipe again! Thank you so much for sharing it :)
Is this a dense enough cake to stand up to stacking? Sounds delicious!!
Login To Leave A Comment