I had a request for a chocolate strawberry filling and was surprised not to find one on here. I read a bunch of recipes and meshed them together to create this wonderful filling
Chocolate Strawberry Filling
- 2 pounds of strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 4 tbsp COLD water
- 6 tbsp HOT water
2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Coat strawberries in cup of sugar, set aside. Dillute gelatin in cold water, then add hot water and mix thoroughly. Add to strawberries, mix well and then refrigerate until set (about 30 minutes).
- Place heavy cream in a bowl,stir in cocoa and sugar, refrigerate for 30 minutes to let cocoa and sugar disolve.
- Whip heavy cream until it forms medium peaks. Take strawberries from refrigerator and break them up. Fold whipped cream into strawberries.