I made these for a school carnival, they turned out great. I did not need to frost them. To do something different, divide cream cheese filling into 4 different parts and tint each part a different color. Feel free to get creative with the surprises!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 milk chocolate candy kisses
- 4 walnut halves
- 1 (1.4 ounce) bar chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup candy coated peanut butter pieces
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and egg together until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
2 Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fill each cup half full. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mix in center of each cupcake. Press one cherry, or chocolate kiss, walnut half, toffee piece, a few raisins or peanut putter pieces in the center of each cupcake.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment