This is really good and versatile because you can use any flavor coffee creamer to match your cake. My favorite is the caramel hazelnut by international delight. This makes really good frosting!
Coffee Creamer Frosting
- 1. 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2. 1/2 cup shortening
- 3. 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 4. enough coffee creamer to make desired consistancy (I’d say at least 1/4 cup)
- 1. Cream together shortening and butter and scrape bowl
- 2. Add sugar 2 cups at a time, scraping bowl often (mixture will be crumbly when all sugar is added)
- 3. Add enough creamer to your desired consistancy
I just tried this w/almond creme creamer- yummy!
tried this last night with french vanilla creamer - loved it!
also great with hazelnut, german chocolate toffee, white chocolate mocha and white caramel frapaccino coffee creamers. i think anything would be good! i sometimes use a bit of evaporated milk to get it to te consistency i want b/c some of the creamers can make it realllly sweet. so instead of adding more creamer (after the 1/4c or so) to get the consistency, i use the ev. milk.
thanks so much for posting this. It just saved me and it goes perfectly with the caramel vanilla cake I just made. The originally batch of caramel frosting I made didn't turn out. I used caramel vanilla creamer (also in the cake) and with three ingredients this one was more profitable and tasted better too! I omitted the shortening.
Login To Leave A Comment