After posting my pick of Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, a lot of you asked for the recipe so I thought I’d post it. This cupcake is impressive!
Scrumptious Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries (1 and 1/2 c. whole=1 c. mashed)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl and beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 min or until cupcakes are done.
- For the lemon cream cheese frosting, I used the recipe here on CakeCentral called Decorator’s Cream Cheese Frosting by azeboi2005 and added the juice from 1/2 a large lemon for the perfect tartness. Top each cupcake with a slice of strawberry and lemon zest. Voila!
Sounds great, I look forward to trying these when I find some time :)
I'm thinking about making a cake instead of cupcakes. What do u think? Would the icing hold up?
Made these for Mothers Day, everyone loved them. Thanks for the recipe .
Is the strawberry gelatine mix ....Australian.jelly crystals
It might be worth trying LEMON flavored gelatin along with the fresh strawberries? I've never used gelatin in cupcakes/cakes. I think I'll give it a try.
I made these cupcakes for Mother's Day. They were delicious. they did not have any white cake mix when I went to the store so I used a yellow cake mix and I use strawberry cream cream instead of plain cream cheese for the frosting. I used everything else as she has in the recipe. these cupcakes were so moist and delicious. adding the fresh lemon juice to the icing really gave it that balance for that lemonade taste. I will be making these again
Login To Leave A Comment