After posting my pick of Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, a lot of you asked for the recipe so I thought I’d post it. This cupcake is impressive!
Scrumptious Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries (1 and 1/2 c. whole=1 c. mashed)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl and beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 min or until cupcakes are done.
- For the lemon cream cheese frosting, I used the recipe here on CakeCentral called Decorator’s Cream Cheese Frosting by azeboi2005 and added the juice from 1/2 a large lemon for the perfect tartness. Top each cupcake with a slice of strawberry and lemon zest. Voila!