These cupcakes are always a hit, and I LOVE them. If you like super-stuffed cupcakes, make a double batch of the marshmallow cream filling.
Cream-Filled Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
- 1 Package (18-1/4 ounces) devils food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ganache Frosting:
- 1 Cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine water and salt until salt is dissolved. Allow to cool. In a small mixing bowl beat the marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla on high until light and fluffy; add salt mixture.
- Insert a small round pastry tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with cream filling. Insert the tip halfway into the center of each cupcake and fill with a small amount.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with heavy whipping cream. Cool. Dip cupcake tops into frosting, then chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in refrigerator.