These cupcakes are always a hit, and I LOVE them. If you like super-stuffed cupcakes, make a double batch of the marshmallow cream filling.
Cream-Filled Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
- 1 Package (18-1/4 ounces) devils food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ganache Frosting:
- 1 Cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine water and salt until salt is dissolved. Allow to cool. In a small mixing bowl beat the marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla on high until light and fluffy; add salt mixture.
- Insert a small round pastry tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with cream filling. Insert the tip halfway into the center of each cupcake and fill with a small amount.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with heavy whipping cream. Cool. Dip cupcake tops into frosting, then chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in refrigerator.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment