Layers of apple pie filling make this cake moist and delicious.
Aunt Dee Dee’s Apple Coffee Cake
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons hot water
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 pan.
2 Mix pie filling and cinnamon, set aside.
3 Beat flour, white sugar, milk, 1/2 cup softened butter, baking powder, salt and eggs in mixing bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4 Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Spoon half of the pie filling over the batter. Spread remaining cake batter over pie filling, and top with the remaining half of the pie filling.
5 Mix brown sugar and nuts together and sprinkle over top of cake. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
6 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. Allow cake to cool 20 minutes.
7 Combine confectioners sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla, 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake.