This is a very rich frosting that tastes almost exactly like a piece of fudge. It is not dark like a candy bar like the canned fudge frostings, but don’t let that fool you!
Easy Fudge Frosting
- Fudge Frosting
1 pound butter, room temp
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Cream butter.
- Cream in powdered sugar in 4 batches.
- Cream in melted dark chocolate.
- Cream in cocoa powder in 2 batches.
- Cream in vanilla and half and half.
- Whip in simple syrup (use more to achieve desired consistency).
wow wow wow, have used this twice since finding it, and have gotten rave review, People love it!!
what do you mean by simple syrup? like corn syrup? pm me please!
This is the best fudge frosting ever! Very easy to spread, and it does taste just like real fudge!
what is simple syrup? what do you mean by 4 batches
Can this sit at room temp?
Simple Syrup can be made by mixing 2 parts water and 1 part sugar. example: 2 tsp water and 1 tsp sugar Just increase amount for what you need.
By 4 batches, I think the poster means, add a portion, 4 times. Don't dump in all at once.
What is the "dark chocolate"? Unsweetened baking chocolate? Dark chocolate candy bar?
Login To Leave A Comment