This is a very rich frosting that tastes almost exactly like a piece of fudge. It is not dark like a candy bar like the canned fudge frostings, but don’t let that fool you!
Easy Fudge Frosting
- Fudge Frosting
1 pound butter, room temp
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Cream butter.
- Cream in powdered sugar in 4 batches.
- Cream in melted dark chocolate.
- Cream in cocoa powder in 2 batches.
- Cream in vanilla and half and half.
- Whip in simple syrup (use more to achieve desired consistency).