This is a great cream cheese frosting that allows to be used for deocorating as well. Almost the consistency of a buttercream but with that great cream cheese frosting taste.
Decorator Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. butter (one stick) @ room temp
- 8 oz bar of creaam cheese @ room temp
- 1 tbsp. clear vanilla extract
- 2 lbs. sifted powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream together butter, shortening, and cream cheese. Add vanilla and mix. Sift sugar and salt, gradually add to mixture and work it in until all incorporated. Holds up well in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- If the consistency is to stiff add a tsp of milk until you acheive the perfect consistency or use less sugar ( but use all the salt).
it’s delish so it can’t be that good for you
Delicious and great for decorating!
Can you color a cream cheese frosting the same as you can a buttercream frosting?
barico- in case you have not gotten the answer yet...yes you can color cream cheese icing the same, at least I have been able to no problems.
It tasted great but it was either too hard or too soft in piping bag. What can be done about this?
very good, I don't care for cream cheese. but the cream cheese flavor was not overpowering. it's a keeper for me!
Is this unsalted butter like in buttercream or regualr butter? just want to be sure.
INCREDIBLY sweet. Really hasn't got enough of the cream cheese taste, either.
Login To Leave A Comment